The Child Development Associate® (CDA) Credential(19.0709.1600)
A CDA (Child Development Associate) is a national credential awarded by the Council for Early Childhood Professional Recognition. This credential requires at least 120 hours of formal training within the last five years. It is the best first step on the path of career advancement in early care and education. The CDA Credential allows you to work in a daycare. Currently the demand for this certification is on the rise.
1. Sign up during an open enrollment period
2. Be a high school graduate
The course duration is 120 class hours
How we Teach?
We will learn by doing, by providing a presentation, and providing the tools to work through the processes presented. Learning CDA is something best learned by doing, by applying skills. In addition we will provide PDF files that can be downloaded and printed. The PDF files allow us a supplemental resource and can be used offline. The PDF files provide us with a hard copy reference to refer back to and something we can use to help explain concepts to others. If you are new to CDA we recommend working through the material from start to finish. If PDF is not provided the book will contain everything you need to become certify.
All Certification Testing is done in our Campus.
This course will give a certificate of completion
CDA with CLASS:
1. The CDA with CLASS includes three (3) sequential courses:
- 1: Understanding Child Development
- 2: Health, Safety, and Environment
- 3: Application to Teaching and Learning
2. You must complete and pass each course in accordance with the course syllabus before beginning the next course in the program.
3. You must apply for your CDA credential on the Council for Professional Recognition website